2 Day Seminar with David Kahn
Invitation to the Israeli Krav Maga Advancement Program (IKMAP) with David Kahn
Advancing krav maga. Advancing you.™
IKMAP Course #1 Basic and Advanced Edged Weapon Defenses
When: September 26-28, 2014
Where: Bordentown, N.J.
Cost: $299 when registered before September 1, 2014, ($399 when registered after September 1, 2014)
Here is a preview of some of the techniques we will cover:
- Preemptive (pre-deployment) defenses
- Parallels to unarmed defenses
- When to use leg defenses and when to use hands
- The how and why of IKMA defenses (modifications of since 1994)
- Continuous motion defenses
- Defenses when on the ground
- Defensive weapons of opportunity vs. edged weapon
- Designated weapons of opportunity vs. edged weapon
- One defender against two attackers with an edged weapon
For SWORN LAW ENFORCEMENT PERSONNEL, we intend to hold a one day seminar preceding IKMAP Course #1 on Friday, September 26, at the NEW JERSEY STATE POLICE ACADEMY, Sea Girt, NJ, focusing on edged weapon defensive tactics specific to police training. Please email email@example.com for more information.
The Program’s Evolution
Thousands of krav maga instructors and enthusiasts have asked us to sponsor an Israeli krav maga advancement program. After nineteen years, including more than thirty-eight extended training courses with Grandmaster Haim Gidon in both Israel and the U.S., the non-aligned Israeli Krav Maga Advancement Program (IKMAP) has arrived.
- We welcome anyone to train with us regardless of krav maga affiliation or martial arts background.
- The goal is to advance, enhance, and expand instructor skill sets, capabilities and curriculum offerings.
- For those who are new to Israeli krav maga, we will impart the self-defense system’s core fundamentals.
- We promise you will learn new techniques, tactics, and advanced fighting strategies.
As members of krav maga founder Imi Lichtenfeld’s original and longest standing krav maga association (the IKMA), we are confident in our teaching and professionalism.
Designed to Improve School Owner’s Business Prospects
Improve your business prospects through the quality of training delivered. We recognize the twofold problem facing krav maga (and other self-defense/martial arts) school owners is (1) member attrition and (2) attracting new members. We will help you to keep existing students engaged in training and advancing while also offering cutting-edge training and techniques to attract new students. For school owners, our advancement training will help facilitate member retention and new-member draw by focusing on reality-based self-defense.
Tactics, Strategies, and Principles Taught
We emphasize not just the “how”, but the “why.” This specific training, innovated by the IKMA and delivered by David Kahn, represents some of the latest evolutions of Israeli krav maga. In the 1990’s, Imi watched and approved the changes current Grandmaster Haim Gidon implemented including retzev (“continuous combat motion”), modified weapon defenses, and ground-survival. After Imi’s passing in 1998, Haim assumed the role as Imi’s successor for the IKMA. As such, Haim continued to develop and refine the Israeli krav maga system.
Tactics and strategies must work against a determined attacker; in other words, against resistance. Crucially, the tactics must work against not just an amateur attack, but against a professional attack. This, in part, distinguishes our specific approach and methodologies. At the higher levels, we focus on hand-to-hand combat. The very nature of this training incorporates an intense fitness element. People love this dual aspect of our training as it is not “watered” down.
The Program’s Details
- Anyone is welcome to train with us regardless of krav maga affiliation or other martial art background. The only caveat is you cannot have a criminal record.
- We believe in clients paying for training, skill development, and curriculum enhancement; not any type of licensing. We will sponsor the program at our main NJ headquarters and at appropriate locations should someone wish to host a course or seminar.
- There are no long-term commitments. If you like your experience and benefit from it, continue to train with us. Our pricing is competitive with other krav maga course offerings.
- To become an IKMAP member, after demonstrating a certain level of skill proficiency and instructor vetting, we will consider granting an at-will affiliate status and list the training center as recommended by us.
We also have IKMAP overview attachment available for those who would like more information including courses in Israel. To request additional information or to sign up for the September 27-28, 2014 seminar, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also available to answer any questions at (609) 921-2001 direct. To register, please send a check made payable to Krav Maga Israel LLC.
Krav Maga Israel LLC
860 Rte. 206
Bordentown, NJ, 08505
Re: IKMAP #1